Unfinished Minnesota basements often come with problem after problem, such as poor heating and ventilation, little to no insulation and water seepage. By working with an experienced Minnesota remodeler, you get to stop worrying about those pesky problems and start building the basement of your dreams. At Excel Builders, we take great pride in helping individuals and families make the most of their lower levels. If you know you want to remodel your basement, but you just don’t know what to do with the space, here are several basement finishing ideas to get you started:
- Movie theatre: If your favorite pastime is watching a movie, then this themed basement remodel is just for you. Picture this—a big screen TV, stadium seating, recliners with built-in cup holders, built-in surround sound and the right amount of recessed lighting. All of this can truly help make you feel as though you are part of the action.
- Craft room: From sewing and knitting to quilting and stitching, you can have the craft of your dreams, which would include a custom sewing area, the right amount of table space, and the right size and type of storage for all of your crafting goods. No proper craft room is complete without the proper amount of light. We can help you figure out the balance, framework and finishing touches you’ll need to have a crafting space you’ll love.
- Game room: From chess and cards to pool and poker, you can create a fun and functional game room complete with specialty tables, unique storage and a vast amount of entertainment options to keep everyone happy. You’ll also keep your friends happy with a fully stocked, completely comfortable wet bar and lounge to hang out in.
- Work retreat: If you are part of the ever-growing population of work-from-home professionals, then you may want to consider turning your basement into your own personal work retreat. We can help you design and build the perfect office space with complementary spaces such as a lounge, kitchen and bathroom, so you never have to venture out of your space during your working hours—and so no one else interrupts you while you’re helping your clients.
- Kid’s corner: Most families with young kids hanker for a space that could house all of their children’s playthings, and that could provide entertainment for whenever the kids have friends over. You can have this space if you work with the right design and build team.
- Spa and oasis: Creating the perfect oasis in your basement is the best relief to Minnesota’s cold, snowy winters and hot, humid summers. We can craft for you the perfect oasis that includes a spa bathroom, lounging area with fireplace, built-in sound system for calming, soothing music and much more.
- Workout area and gym: A home gym is growing in popularity as families realize the cost savings of not joining a local health and fitness club. In-home gyms also allow you to personalize your space to your needs and the type of equipment you’ll be using.
Turn to our basement finishing pros in Chaska, MN, for more ideas on how to turn your unfinished space into a lovely lower level that you’ll never want to leave! Give us a call at 952-361-8664 or contact us via email.
What Unique Features Did You Add to Your Finished Basement?
We love to hear about how Minnesota families have worked to bring their passions to life in their basements. What unique items were must-haves for you in your recent lower level remodel? Share with us here in the comments! Photo credit: Some rights reserved by b-line-construction