Are you considering a potential home addition before the weather turns and the snow falls? Perhaps you are looking to sell your home and want to make sure you get the most bang for your buck? Or maybe you’re ready for something new to add vitality to your already amazing house. If you know you want to add onto your home, but you just don’t know where to put your money, we’ve compiled a list here of some great ideas for you.
Our Top 5 Picks for the Most Valuable Home Addition Projects
You will always gain the greatest value by choosing a home addition that increases the overall livable square footage for your home. Here are our five favorite home addition projects that do just that:
- Adding a second story: You have the ability to double your square footage by adding a second story to your home, without needing to shell out any costs for additional footings or foundation.
- Turning your unused attic into a bedroom or playroom: Most folks never even consider clearing out their attic and building an open room for use as a bedroom, playroom or office. The thing is, the space is already there and is ready to be put to work.
- Building a sunroom or a four-season porch: We Minnesotans love our sunlight and fresh air, even in the dead of winter. You can bring in a great deal of natural light by building a sunroom or a four-season porch.
- Creating your dream master bedroom suite: Master suites are all the rage these days, and for good reason. You spend most of your time in your home in your bedroom. It should be everything you want it to be. By adding on a master suite, which includes a large walk-in closet and master bathroom, you not only gain value for yourself but also for any potential resale.
- Finishing an unfinished basement: Many newer homes these days come with unfinished basements that owners can do with as they please. This is also one of the easiest ways to add square footage to your home, as you already have the bare bones in place.
4 Exciting Ways to Take Your Home to the Next Level
Are the above ideas just too bland for your tastes? Then we encourage you to brainstorm fun and creative ways to add value to your home while also adding a great deal of entertainment. Here are a few outside-of-the-box home addition projects for you to consider:
- Movie theatre, complete with stadium-style seating, soda dispenser and popcorn maker
- Bowling alley, with two lanes for optimal entertaining
- All-in-one activity center, with weights, a yoga studio and a rock climbing wall
- Sound and recording studio, so you can rock out and get your groove on without leaving the comfort of your own home
So what’s your next home addition project? Is it a dreamy master suite or something more extravagant? Our team here at Excel Builders would love to hear from you! Call our Chaska-based office at 952-361-8664, contact us online or leave a comment below.