Today we’re excited to feature the beautiful results of a recent kitchen (& more) remodel! This 1960s two-story home in Hopkins, MN needed a makeover and new functionality within the kitchen and adjacent rooms.
The homeowners desperately needed new flooring (we removed three layers of vinyl flooring that contained asbestos materials!) and wanted the flow of the kitchen and rooms nearby to function better. They also wanted design updates that we were able to implement in the trim, paint, moulding, and a new kitchen backsplash.
This remodel with stunning results took us just three weeks. In that time, we were able to:
- Remove the old flooring, install a new sub-floor, and finish the floor off with a gorgeous Maple solid hardwood
- Remove a wall between the kitchen and living room
- Remove a soffit from above the stove and replace with additional cabinets
- Remove a closet that blocked the back entry from the home
- Add shelves to the existing cabinets (which the owners had removed the cabinet doors from for an open look)
- Add new Maple trim crown moulding and cove moulding to finish off the cabinets with a luxurious touch
- Replace an old granite backsplash with a fresh new tile backsplash
- Install new base trim, case trim, and interior doors, all beautifully stained
Enjoy the results of this Hopkins kitchen and home remodel in the photos below! The final result is a home of character, functionality, and beauty.
If your MN home or kitchen is in need of an update, please get in touch with us here at Excel Builders and we can discuss ways to make your home more spacious and serene!