Remodeling a kitchen has many design elements that both you and the designer have to make decisions on. Between picking out the flooring, the cabinets, the appliances, the layout etc, the list really goes on and on. One of the most important things to take into consideration when designing a kitchen is the flow and functionality of it. How will it work with your family’s lifestyle, and most importantly how can it make your life easier? With that said, here are a few design ideas to improve the functionality of your kitchen:
– Lower your cooktop, cutting board or section of work surface from the rest of your kitchen.
– Raise your dishwasher to prevent from bending over constantly. On the same lines, store your everyday dishes near your dishwasher so you don’t have to go all over your kitchen to put things away.
– Install multi-level islands that serve as both a prep area for cooking and a family gathering place for eating.
– If you have double ovens, position them side by side at waist level for easier access. It’s sometimes hard to get that Thanksgiving turkey or Friday night pizza out of the top oven if they are stacked on top of one another.
– Install easy-to-pull hardware on your cabinets for an easier grab. Also, installing self-closing drawer glides and cabinet hinges will reduce those slamming cabinets and drawers.
– Install enough easy to access storage space with organizational elements built into them
These are a few simple elements to think about adding to your kitchen remodel to make your busy life just a little easier. If you would like to discuss your ideas and learn about some of ours, please let us know. We enjoy designing kitchens that are both functional and a reflection of your style. Click here view our kitchen remodel gallery.