Excel Builders and JLC Design are excited to announce a new partnership. Jessica Cook, the owner and designer at JLC Design, and I have decided to combine our services to give you the best of both worlds – a great remodeling company along with an outstanding design firm.
Why is this partnership beneficial for both Excel Builders and JLC Design? As we continue to grow we strive to offer the best possible services and expertise. It is our goal to make your remodeling project a great experience. Jessica has the same outlook and ambitions as Excel Builders – to give you a positive experience with added value.
As the owner of Excel Builders I feel that all too often designers are looked upon as an expense without a return. We find the opposite to be true, since using a designer has many benefits when planning and executing a remodeling project. A designer can bring a fresh perspective to the creation of a functional and welcoming space. In addition to the look, designers can also help you see how your space will work after you build it, helping you avoid costly changes in the future.
Jessica graduated from UW-Stout in Menomonie WI with a BFA in Interior Design. Upon graduating she interned at Drury’s Furniture in Fountain Minnesota. Jessica then worked in collaboration with another local Minneapolis designer before starting her own design business in August of 2010.
Below is a brief breakdown of the services that will be available to you, the costs associated with design services, and the average design times for various remodeling projects (based on past client experience).
• When taking advantage of our design services you can have us help you: select your paint colors, design your space for better functionality, select or help select products such as cabinets, tile, fixtures, and etc.
• Design services are charged on an hourly basis at $80 an hour.
• Average design time for a bath remodel is between 5-15 hours
• Average design time for a kitchen remodel is between 15-25 hours.
• Average design time for an addition or whole home remodel is between 20-40 hours.