Are you looking to gut your kitchen and start from scratch? Or do you just want a few DIY or low-cost kitchen remodel options to help you breathe new life into your home? Either way, we have here some of the trendier, higher-end options many Minnesota families are turning to, as well as some great low-budget remodeling options for cost-conscious customers:
- Kitchen layout: If you want to make the most of your kitchen remodel, then definitely clean the slate with regard to layout. Hire a designer to create a brand new layout that optimizes space and brings in all your wants. If you’re looking to keep costs low, then keep your layout as-is. Don’t move plumbing or appliances. Don’t add in lighting fixtures. The more it stays the same, the less you will pay.
- Lighting: Recessed lighting. New, unique lighting fixtures. The sky’s the limit when it comes to opportunities to bring in style and class with lighting. To keep costs low here, as stated above, do not add additional lighting and find deals on new fixtures at your local big-box hardware store.
- Cabinets: Nothing makes a kitchen stand out more than custom cabinetry. These cabinets fit the space and also meet your storage desires.
- Appliances: Professional appliances, such as restaurant-grade stoves and hoods, can quickly become the crown jewel of your home. You can create a statement with your appliances in other ways that do not require the same financial investment, however. A well-designed kitchen can make any new appliance shine.
- Countertops: Stone countertops, including granite, are the most popular option for new kitchen counters. These countertops come at a premium, however. Low-cost countertop alternatives include laminate countertops or counters made of ceramic tile.
- Flooring: Premium kitchens have beautifully handcrafted wood floors, stone floors or specialty tiling. Turn to vinyl for a more affordable flooring alternative.
- Backsplash: Custom mosaic ceramic backsplashes add so much personality to a kitchen. They are also one of those high-end kitchen remodeling projects that can quickly increase your budget. To avoid the larger prices tags, opt for pre-made options at your local hardware store, or lower your costs even greater by going with vinyl instead.
- Additional touches: If you’re looking for a more upscale kitchen remodel, consider additional personal touches and high-end finishes. Examples of this include upgrading an island, choosing a bronze kitchen sink, adding in crown molding, or finishing your cabinets with specialty hardware.
The ideas above really are just a sampling of the many design options we can provide you with when you’re ready. At Excel Builders, we work with clients who are looking for that grand kitchen remodel, as well as those who want to remodel a kitchen while keeping costs as low as possible.
We know we haven’t listed every option available here. If you have a high-end kitchen design idea that you just love, or a great DIY tip for others to build off of, feel free to share them below in the comments. We’re excited to hear your ideas!