Today's trends for bathtubs often favor freestanding models -- the luxurious, dramatic and distinctive bathtub. And though they are increasing in popularity, freestanding tubs aren't for everyone. Built-ins afford practical advantages that may outweigh the design flair of freestanding styles, depending on your taste and budget. Take a look at today's bathtub options to see what's best for you and your bath.
- Styles include claw-foot, pedestal and soaking tubs.
- Don't require wall space for installation or plumbing.
- Availability of styles is increasing as manufacturers offer more options.
- Typically intended for use in larger bathrooms, though compact-footprint soaking tubs can work in smaller bathroom settings.
- Heavier tubs may require reinforced flooring.
- Don't forget to plan for bath-side storage---you'll need somewhere to set your soap and candles as you soak!
- Considered more practical.
- Typically less expensive.
- Straightforward plumbing makes for easier installation.
- Designed to work in tandem with a shower, unlike most freestanding bathtubs.
- Ledges make for easy storage for soap, shampoo, candles and all the rest.
Bathtubs are a lovely way to bring out the spa in your bathroom. Whether you choose to add drama with a luxurious freestanding tub or opt for the practicality of a traditional built-in, the options available today are an exciting mix of old and new.
Ready for a new bathtub? A new bathroom? A remodel? Contact Excel Builders today. We bring remodeling projects to life throughout the West Metro area of the Twin Cities, MN -- including Eden Prairie, Chaska, Chanhassen and more!